[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Certifying the Apache-SSL server

Hi there.

Does anyone out there have any experiences or thoughts on trying to get a
certificate certified for the free Apache-SSL product (this is the NON-US
version, using the SSLeay packages written in australia and compiled from source
code).

I know VeriSign will certify the "Community ConneXion Apache-SSL-US", which I
assume is distributed in the US (and which you have to pay for...) as a
commercial product using the RSA labs SSL library, but I don't know how the
various SAs will feel about certifying a server compiled from source using a
non-RSA SSL library.

Any feedback, positive or negative, would be appreciated a great deal.

        Cheers... Mike